The Director/General Manager is responsible for overall management and operations of Park City Live. Duties include financial management, staff recruitment/management/development, facilities management, management of event execution, oversight of guest experience.
• Recruitment and training of all staff positions as needed including night-time hourly workers as well as salary staff positions
• Creation and execution of performance reviews of all staff positions
• Creation and execution of list of responsibilities, goals and expectations for all staff positions
• Creation and execution of discipline and termination practices for all staff positions
• Conflict resolution for all staff issues
• Compliance with all workplace standards
• Communication plan and execution for ensuring all staff understand pertinent business information on a timely basis (sharing docs, team meetings, news letter, etc.)
• Weekly operations call with lead managers
• Evaluate compensation plans for all staff positions including commission plans for cocktail waitresses, all bar staff, VIP hosts, etc.
• Management of payroll with oversight that correct hours are ben submitted and paid
• Supervisory Responsibilities:
o Manages subordinate staff who supervise employees in Finance, Marketing, Talent Acquisition, Bar Operations, VIP department, Cocktails and Corporate events.
o Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
• Create budgetary guidelines for all cost categories
• Ensure that COGS and labor are within budgetary guidelines and explore and find ways to reduce costs
• Create a “line by line” cost analysis to assess effectiveness and reduce overall spend, including reviewing all vendor contracts to see where we can get financial/other support
• Development of long term and short term plans for revenue growth and cost control measures
• Ensures P&L meets or exceeds budgets and plans
• Utilize Quick Books to answer financial questions
• Develop detailed cash flow projections/analysis
• Oversee quick book entries and paying of bills by book keeper
• Review nightly voids/comp tabs to identify errors and theft
• Assist any team members requests for data from Aloha system
• Work with Bar manager to develop appropriate inventory control measures and oversee execution of these procedures
• Work with all “revenue generating teams” which includes marketing, talent acquisition, VIP team, bar manager and corporate events to:
o Develop plans and goals by department to execute strategies to increase revenue
o Create and execute programs that fosters increased guest counts and incremental sales per event
o Develop loyalty programs
o Develop ways to grow loyalty of existing VIP clients and to add new VIP clients
o Aggressively promotes the use of the facility to maximize its utilization
o Develops sales efforts with Convention and Visitors Bureau, as well as other appropriate destination marketing agencies
o Work with bar manager and corporate event director to find year-long sponsorship opportunities
• Analysis of cost/benefit of future large capital expenditures
• Source and buy new equipment as approved by CEO
• Repair/maintenance of the facilities and Source repairs on equipment
• Maintain health and safety requirements
• Maintain inventory of all equipment in building: stations, cages, barricades, etc.
• Report Maintenance needs/ issues to CEO for approval.
• Oversee the cleanliness and cleaning process of venue; Negotiate cleaning service
• Oversee the ordering and stocking of bathroom supplies and other dry good supplies
• Support Enforcement of Fire Marshal Regulations: work with law enforcement to verify that venue actions are within legal limitations as directed by Fire Marshall. Report problems to owner.
• Support Enforcement of Health Department Regulations: work with law enforcement to verify that venue actions are within legal limitations as directed in Utah Health Department. Report problems to owner.
• Build and maintain a solid relationship with city officials particularly fire marshal, building supervisor and chief of police.
• Review and analyze all service contracts to ensure the most efficient and effective relationships have been established.
• Review use of storage facility, organize storage and develop procedures for movement of items in and out of storage
• Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
• and supervisory staff.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the tenants of the building and landlord
• Assures the administration of personnel and the operation of plant and facilities are conducted in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations, including Utah DABC laws.
• Evaluates facility practices and recommends improvements to improve the efficiency and safety of operations,
• Development of logistical systems and procedures for execution of events including nightly responsibility lists by staff member for opening and closing procedures
• Staff all events
• Oversight of all department heads for every event
• Management of cash and deposits
• Management of pay outs
• Nightly crisis management – police, fights, etc.
• Oversee all ordering for an event
• Conduct team meetings the “night of”.
• Ensure VIP is coordinating moving/storage of furniture as needed
• Develop and implement safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management procedures
• Conducts post-event operational and financial review and analysis.
• Development of controls and systems to ensure staff are not stealing from us (door, bar, tips, etc.)
• Develop a “Count Down” procedure with asks to be completed once a show is booked: 3 weeks out, 2 weeks out, one week out, 3 days out, day of, etc.
Oversight of Guest Experience:
• Creates and maintains an environment of a high energy vibe that fits Park City Live standards
• Ensures atmosphere of the room promotes a high class exciting progressive music venue through use of lighting, sound level/quality, furniture and décor.
• Ability to gibe proper recognition to loyal customers and repeat VIP clients and instill appreciation for their loyalty and patronage
• Serve as a customer liaison when customers are dissatisfied to correct the situation in the eyes of the customer and to make any necessary internal changes to avoid a repeat of the issue
• Develop programs to ensure optimal customer experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university and a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience industry experience in a senior management function of an Arena, Convention Center or stadium, or music venue, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer experience as a general manager/director of a music venue, night club or casino.
• Must possess a solid understanding of the nightlife industry, concert/music promotions and music industry trends.
• Experience in contract negotiation, purchasing procedures, and supervising personnel
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability
• Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
• Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices used in the successful management of entertainment or convention facilities of a similar description
• Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action
• Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands within the entertainment industry
• Considerable knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising and media relations and event planning
• Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations
• Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the meeting, convention and entertainment industry
• Solid knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management
• Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hour as needed
• Must be technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Quick Books.
• Must be internet savvy, including knowledge of top websites, social media sites, and current web trends. Should be comfortable with web-based applications such as email marketing, and analytics software
• Comfort and willingness to “drive the train” with projects, anticipating needs and helping dream up solutions that are good both for our customers and for PCL
• Must take ownership of projects, problem solve where needed and recognize opportunities to further expand our reach
• Excellent communication and organization skills with close attention to detail
• Essential interpersonal skills:
o Capable of maintaining a positive attitude
o Maintains and objective view in all circumstances
o Listens empathetically to department managers and team members
o Maintains organization and focus
o Takes creative risks to enhance revenues
o Behaves professionally to maintain/enhance a positive image
o Thinks creatively to produce new possibilities in all areas of operations
o Ability to alleviate volatile situations
o Shows respect by considering the rights and dignity of others rather than just self
o Communicates assertively in a non-aggressive candid professional manner
o Maintains personal integrity and always conducts himself/herself in a truthful honest manner
o Positive, flexible attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
Benefits & Compensation
This position offers a full range of benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time. But the most important benefit we offer is a fun and casual environment working with good people. At this time we do not offer health insurance.
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to: Contact Tom Truitt at email@example.com or his phone is 615.300.3323.